Thursday, September 1, 2011

Burke High Speed Quad at the End of August

With Fall rapidly approaching, Burke, Royal Trail Works, and Leitner POMA have been stepping up the progress on the new lift. Saturday, August 20th, I made my way over to the mountain.
There I discovered work crews at Mid-Burke building forms for the lift towers and organizing the steel frames that will be embedded in concrete.




The hole for the Base terminal has been finished and is waiting for forms:



The owner of Royal Trail Works was on the summit in an escavator digging the hole for the summit terminal.





Leitner POMA has also started drilling and blasting for the footings of the lift towers.




It was a beautiful day to be on the summit:


(Big Jay is the tallest mtn in the background here)


Additional progress has undoubtedly been made since I was up there almost 2 weeks ago. I'll see if i can get up there again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment